- Specialities: oral surgeon dentistry.
- Sub-speciality: implantology endodontics oral surgery cosmetic reconstructions.
- Year of first medical qualification: 1977.
- Current NHS and/or University posts: Salford University MSc, mentor in implantology.
- Current membership(s) of professional national and regional bodies: Member of the international team of Implantology, British Endodontics Society, British Periodontal Society, International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics, British Association of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Steve qualified at Birmingham University Dental School, in 1977. Following qualification, he worked in the maxillofacial surgery unit at Wolverhampton’s Royal and New Cross Hospital’s where he gained experience in the treatment of head and neck trauma and disease. Further to the experience gained in the hospital environment he left Wolverhampton to work part-time in general practice and continued with his hospital work at East Birmingham Hospital, in the oral surgery department.
In 1983 Steve began his own practice in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, and continued to work in general practice but pursuing his other specialist interests in endodontics, oral surgery and implantology.
Besides general dentistry, Steve has continued his postgraduate studies in prosthodontics and occlusal studies. These areas of special interest have allowed him to develop the skills required for not just a broad spectrum of clinical techniques but also the competence and experience necessary for full mouth surgical and cosmetic reconstructions.