- Specialties: gastroenterology, inflammatory bowel disease, endoscopy.
Special clinical interests: therapeutic endoscopy, inflammatory bowel disease, coeliac disease.
- Research interests: inflammatory bowel disease, coeliac disease.
- Current NHS and /or university posts: consultant physician gastroenterologist and Clinical Director, Walsall Manor NHS Trust.
- Year of first medical qualification: 1986.
- Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies: Fellow of Royal College of Physicians, Training Committee Gastro West Midlands Deanery.
- Professional profile: Dr Mark Cox has been a consultant since 1997, during which time he has expanded the role of therapeutic endoscopy in Walsall. Dr Cox has set up specialist clinics for inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease and nutrition.