MS (Obs & Gynae), MRCOG
- Speciality: gynaecology
- Special clinical interests: Urogynaecology
- Current NHS post and/or university posts: Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with special interest in Urogynaecology at Walsall Manor Hospital
- Year of first medical Qualification: 1994.
- Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies:Royal college of Obstetricians and Gynaecology, British society of Urogynaecology
I am Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with specialisation in urogynaecology.
My special interests include:
- Urinary incontinence, stress incontinence, overactive bladder
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Recurrent bladder infection/Cystitis
- Management of menstrual disorder, heavy periods, post-menopausal bleeding
- HRT and Menopause
- Pelvic pain
- Contraception advice
- Endometriosis and PCO
- Ovarian cyst and Fibroids
Having completed my higher surgical training in the West Midlands, I then completed a special skills module in urogynaecology, early pregnancy and acute gynaecology including gynaecology ultrasound scan from the Regional Tertiary Centre.
I am actively involved in the teaching of medical students and trainee surgeons and am Honorary Clinical Tutor for the University of Birmingham Medical School. I have published papers in several scientific journals and regularly present at national and international gynaecology meetings
I have been a full-time NHS Consultant at local NHS Hospital for the past 10 years. I also have practicing privileges at Spire Little Aston Hospital.
During my spare time I enjoy travelling, listening music and spending time with family. I love cooking and find it quite relaxing.