BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy 2004
- Speciality: musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
- Sub-Specialty: post-op rehabilitation, tendon injuries.
- Special clinical interests: extracorporeal shockwave therapy for persistent tendon injuries.
- Previous NHS post: Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Samuel Johnson Hospital
- Year of first medical qualification: 2004
- Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies: HCPC, CSP.
Steve’s professional experience includes working several years at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital and Samuel Johnson Community Hospital. He has treated a variety of complex musculoskeletal conditions. During his time at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, he did post operative rehabilitation for spinal, upper limb and lower limb surgeries.
Steve ran several exercise classes and specialised in knee rehabilitation taking TKR, ACL and advanced return to sport classes. Whilst at Samuel Johnson Community Hospital, he treated a high number of chronic musculoskeletal conditions. He managed a number of patients with persistent longstanding tendon problems.
Through this experience, Steve developed a keen interest in shockwave therapy as an effective treatment approach in the management of persistent tendon problems.