BSc Health Studies
- Qualifications: BSc Health Studies
- Speciality: coolsculpting, aesthetics and scrub nurse
- Special clinical interests: aesthetics, varicose veins, non invasive fat reduction
- Year of first medical qualification: qualified as a nurse in 1998.
- Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies: Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Having gained her degree in Glasgow in 1998 Melanie progressed through her nursing career in a number of surgical specialities. She subsequently worked with vascular devices in several roles including marketing and clinical training manager for medical companies and later worked for a global aesthetic medical company.
Whilst these roles required clinical input, Melanie missed regular contact with patients and has now returned to her nursing roots. She is both co-founder of and lead nurse for Birmingham Aesthetic Rooms, having a special interest in coolsculpting, an extremely safe non surgical alternative to liposuction, with which she has extensive experience. Melanie is also a trained in other aesthetic techniques performing a number of facial rejuvenation treatments including anti wrinkle injections and facial fillers.
In addition Melanie is the lead nurse at The Whiteley Clinic Birmingham, having been trained in the world renowned whiteley protocol for the minimally invasive treatment of venous conditions including varicose veins.