Consultant Dermatologist MB, Bs, MD, FRCP
- Speciality: dermatology.
- Sub-speciality: dermatological surgery, paediatric dermatology, skin cancer, allergy.
- Special clinical interests: paediatric dermatology, allergic skin disorders including drug reactions, skin cancer screening and treatment, tropical dermatology.
- Research interests: Vitiligo, drug allergy, skin problems in children.
- Current NHS and/or university posts: Heart of England Foundation Trust (Good Hope and Solihull Hospitals).
- Year of first medical qualification: 1991.
- Current membership(s) of professional, national and regional bodies: Royal College of Physicians of London British Association of Dermatologists American Academy of Dermatology British Medical Association Midlands Dermatology Society.
Dr Bhat completed his postgraduate training towards the MRCP at various centres in the UK and subsequently trained in Dermatology in the West Midlands.
Dr Bhat received his specialist accreditation in 2005 and has been a consultant dermatologist in Birmingham since. He has provided a specialist dermatology service on the NHS to the people of north Birmingham through Good Hope Hospital until April 2008 and now through community clinics in the same region successfully bringing this very care closer to patient’s homes.
He has moved back to Good Hope Hospital as the Clinical Lead in April 2009 to establish a new and dynamic department of Dermatology there. Dr Bhat’s practice philosophy is to deliver the highest quality of accessible care at all times.
Dr Bhat is married to a doctor who is a local GP trainee and has two lovely young children with whom he spends most of his spare time.
He is a keen motoring and motorsport fan and is a member of the Porsche Club of Great Britain. He also enjoys travelling, yoga and film.