Consultant Dermatologist BMedSci (hons), BMBS, MRCP, CCT, PGCMedEd
- Specialities: dermatology, skin cancer, inflammatory skin disease, dermatological surgery, allergy.
- Special clinical interests: cosmetic dermatology, hair and scalp disorders, photodermatoses.
- Research Interests: skin cancer, hair disorders, acne.
- Current NHS and/or University posts: consultant Dermatologist, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Good Hope and Solihull Hospital.
- Year of first Medical Qualification: 2000.
- Current membership(s) of professional national and reginal bodies: Royal College of Physicians, British Association of Dermatologists, British Society of Dermatological Surgery, British Photodermatology Group, British Cosmetic Dermatology Group, Royal Society of Medicine, British Hair and Nail Group.
Having completed her undergraduate training at the University of Nottingham, Dr Kaur returned to the West Midlands to complete her general medical training at University Hospitals Birmingham where she successfully obtained membership of the Royal College of Physicians, London in 2003.
Since then Dr Kaur has exclusively trained in Dermatology. During her training she regularly presented papers at local, regional and international meetings and won several regional and national prizes for her efforts; most recently on helping investigating the cause of sofa dermatitis. Dr Kaur has contributed to the field of knowledge by authoring more than 10 peer-reviewed publications, and has also authored a book chapter.
She has also recently qualified as a teacher in medical education at the University of Wolverhampton and regularly delivers teaching for medical students, allied medical professionals and local GP’s in her area. She is also an invited lecturer on a national dermatology training course.
After obtaining specialist accreditation in Dermatology in 2008, Dr Kaur worked as an honorary and locum consultant at the world famous ‘St Johns Institute of Dermatology’ in London specialising in hair disease and photodermatology. In April 2009 Dr Kaur commenced a full time Consultant Dermatologist post at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust helping provide comprehensive dermatology services across the Solihull and Good Hope Hospital sites.
Dr Kaur a keen sportswoman and enjoys a wide variety of sports including skiing, running, circuit training and badminton. Her other hobbies include cooking, fine dining, golf and photography.